Thursday, August 29, 2013

the end


I finished "Les Miserables" this morning,
two whole days ahead of schedule.
My projected end date was August 31st.

Up in the guest bedroom,
sitting in a chair drenched in sunlight,
while a man worked on the cabinets in my kitchen,
I decided to get to the end.
I knew it would be emotional and I didn't want
to cry in bed tonight,
so I chose a quiet moment to
say farewell to,
 Jean Valjean,
Cossette, 
Marius,
Fantine,
and all the others 
who have brought me so much joy this summer.

There will never be another book like this one.
I feel cheated,
sad,
that I have to say goodbye to these friends.

David has told me 
that the Broadway show 
will be in Raleigh, North Carolina,
 about the time of my birthday in February.
They have promised to take me.
I will be waiting with "baited breath" for that day.

One last quote....
It is profound..........

"Dying is nothing, what is terrible is not to live."
My sentiments exactly!





No comments: