Saturday, August 31, 2013

the colors of my life


Choosing colors to paint a house
is not an easy job.
Knowing 
that I would have to live with my choices for a long time
made me a little unsettled.
 In reality it all came down to me and Mike (the builder)
standing in the foyer 
looking at some color swatches he had painted on the wall....
and even then,
you never know how it will turn out.

This morning it all came together for me.
I am unpacking the last of the boxes downstairs
and our home is starting to take shape.
This is how I see it.....
most all of the walls are painted Sea Salt,
the color of the ocean.

The dining room
 is painted the color of the sand at the beach.

Our bedroom is painted gray...
the color of storm clouds and hurricanes,
all the things I love about 
living on the coast.

The floors are the beach...
golden in the sunlight with lots of 
shells and waves and crevices,
 inviting you to walk around barefooted.

I am overwhelmed 
with the goodness of the Lord
 in His provision of this home for us.  
We love it so much 
and will do our best to use it for His glory.

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord,
the whole earth is full of His glory."
Isaiah 6:3


No comments: