Monday, December 16, 2013

keeping kids


First of all...
they know everything already.
with that in mind,
your "keeping kids" experience will go much smoother.

Bath time is chaotic.
Never let a child play with a "hand held shower device"
without supervision.

This happened yesterday while we were getting ready for church....
Lucy went completely buck wild in the shower
with the above mentioned device.
More water on the outside than in the shower itself.
Somehow Harry and Gus got loose and headed into the wet bathroom.
I ran in to herd them back out and landed
flat on my bottom.
Lucy innocently stuck her head out of the shower and said...
"You alright grams?"
Miraculously I escaped serious injury and death.
My upper left thigh is pretty sore,
but other than that I feel lucky!
No hospital visit this time.

There is a never-ending supply of dirty clothes.
I washed 5 "super" loads today..
changed Gus twice before lunch.
"Sippy" cups do not work no matter what you think.
Apple juice pours out immediately when you hand the cup to the child.

Outside means "in and outside."
Really,
how many times can a child open and close a door in a day.
They need water, food, bathrooms, dry shoes, tears dried, boo boos kissed etc.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REST FOR THE WEARY!

Some kids talk incessantly....
I am keeping one that sings incessantly...
He wakes up singing,
he goes to sleep singling.
He probably sings in his sleep too
but I am too completely exhausted to even hear.
Falling into bed,
I go into a deep, wonderful slumber 
dreaming that I am much to old to "keep kids."

I love them.
They make my life a happy hoot.
G

No comments: