Thursday, September 17, 2015

cloudy days


They come out of the blue.....
cloudy days.
Today is a cloudy day, literally.
A tiny little bit of rain has been falling out of the sky,
it seems like forever.

This morning, I cannot see well.
It's not my eyesight, 
that is like it always is....
failing fast.
Somehow today I cannot see by faith.

Everything is a little off.
Bubba left early to go to Macon for a friend's funeral.
I had to have fasting bloodwork done,
no breakfast until 10:00 am.
Feeling weak...
off course,
not focused.
headachey.

My hand hurts,
I am fighting off an infection.
La- de -dah!
Enough of what's wrong.

I picked up my word (the Bible).
Last resort kinda.
Maybe this will help.
This is what I read....out loud:

"O Lord, 
You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
and are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord,
You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
and laid You hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is too high,
I cannot attain to it."
Psalm 139: 1~6

This is what it means to walk by faith...
On those days when we can only see by sight,
and even then somewhat feebly,
the God whom we believe in,
the God who made heaven and earth,
knows us intimately like the verses above tell us.

No matter how we feel,
how much pain or sorrow we are in,
how cloudy and dismal our thoughts,
there is Someone who knows us like that.

We muster all we've got,
and with the help of the Holy Spirit
and the power that raised Jesus from the dead,
 believe that what He says about us is true.
 "That He has enclosed us behind and before,
 and has laid His hand upon us,"
and we rest in that!

That is what it means to walk by faith and not by sight.
What we see is going away,
what we don't see is eternal.

Reading God's Word changes your mind,
it changes your heart.
It gives you clear vision.




No comments: