Sunday, September 27, 2015

dreaming....


...of a cottage by the sea.
It would be white
with a porch that wraps all the way around.
There would be lots of windows,
all looking out toward the beach and the ocean.

The windows would always be open,
causing the balmy salt breezes 
to blow the white gauzy curtains inside the house....
 allowing the sound of the waves to be music in my ears.

It would have wooden steps
down to the sand
on which I would walk both morning and night.
Only steps to the water,
in which I will swim and float to my heart's content.

The only transportation I would need 
is a boat,
one that I could paddle down to the market
to buy provisions for life,
and to anchor for a while out on the water
 to catch fresh fish and crab.

Every morning I will sit and read God's word
looking out over His mighty, vast ocean.
Every evening I will write good things that people love to read
while watching the sun set and the moon rise.

What a very beautiful dream this is!



No comments: