Wednesday, November 18, 2015

there's just something about my face


This blog is kinda a follow-up to the last one.

Sunday morning,
after David and Erika's moving marathon,
everyone got up and went to
Sunday School & Worship Service.
Some were shot out of a cannon,
some were very fidgety,
and some found it hard to stay awake
because after working that hard for that long,
a body at rest wants to fall asleep when it sits down..

We came home afterwards for a very brief rest
and then went back to the beach for the 
"viewing."
Bubba hadn't seen the new place yet.

When Lucy and Harry and Gus and Archie see my face,
immediately
 there must be some kind of flashing light that says
"I want to go outside and play some kind of ball game with you guys."
Thinking that our visit would consist of 
sitting on the porch
in a rocker 
looking at the ocean,
I was a little surprised to find myself
 down in the vacant lot beside the house.
playing Frisbee....
lots of running and catching and throwing.

Also...
there are lemon trees there.
It was a little cool so I had worn my fleece.
To get a good look at the lemons,
I had to go inside the grove.
While in there, my fleece got completely covered with
those little sticky briars you see in the picture.
There had to be a least 50,000 of them stuck in my jacket.
Harry helped me pull them out,
but we didn't make a dent.

After a walk on the beach
down to Spanky's Beachside to eat chicken fingers and spuds,
we walked back to their home.
Lucy had made brownies for us and they were delicious.
What a wonderful evening we had.

Monday Morning...
Wash Day,
Fleece.
In my pockets were three shells from Lu,
collected on our beach walk,
Two whole pecans from Harry,
I have no idea where those came from,
and a tiny little white flower from Gus...
not pictured because it had dried up and gone to nothing.

Fleece...
each one of the briars had to be picked out individually.
It took hours.
It is good as new now.

I love the beach!!!
I love that I can play ball with my grandkids!
I love the gifts that they give me!

Thank you God for all of these blessings
and so much more.!!





No comments: