Sunday, March 26, 2017

hilton head


On Friday....
It was infusion day~~~~~

I have CVID.....
Common Variable Immune Deficiency.

This is one of the most frequently diagnosed primary immunodeficiencies, 
especially in adults.
It is characterized by low levels of serum immunoglobulins and antibodies,
 which cause an increased susceptibility to infection. 
While CVID is thought to be due to genetic defects, 
the exact cause of the disorder is unknown in the majority of cases. 
I was well into my sixth generation before I was diagnosed, which is not uncommon.

The treatment of CVID is a monthly infusion of immunoglobulins 
extracted from a large pool of human plasma.
It consists mostly of IgG
 and contains all of the important antibodies present in the normal population.
(So....I may have some of your plasma and antibodies.)

Once a month,
a very sweet nurse comes to my home and administers my infusion.
I am very thankful for this procedure...
for far fewer infections and sicknesses.
Needless to say though, it is very taxing on my body
and causes my chronic, treatment resistant depression to flair.
It also makes me extremely tired and lethargic.
Many think that my constant struggle with depression and anxiety
 is directly related to this disorder 
that has been with me since early childhood.

My husband lives with this person (Me) when this happens.
So,
Friday afternoon he asked me....
"You want to go to Hilton Head tomorrow?"
I said, "Yes, I would love to."

First stop was Jim & Nicks for lunch.
{Lou, our table was occupied by five young girls talking away,
and I saw our waiter.}
I didn't order well....grilled catfish,
Bubba tried to warn me, but my appetite is also diminished.
I did get my lemon pie though.

Next stop was Harbor Town.
They are making progress on the repairs to the pier and the yacht basin.
Some of the yachts had returned as you can see in the picture.
Then we drove slowly back down the road closest to the beach and on to Coligny Plaza.
Bubba went to look in the hardware store and I headed for the beach.
Spring Break had all of the crazies out,
but only one or two were actually in the water.💦


God is so good to provide what we need.
A day on the island,
a walk on the beach,
a piece of lemon pie,
a sweet nurse,
an understanding, caring husband,
medicine for the body and soul.


"Your love never quits,
It never runs out,
It never gives up on me.
Your love...."









No comments: