Friday, March 10, 2017

my very first gerber daisy


She survived what little winter we had
and has risen up out of the dirt to say hello.
No one but our God can make a flower.

So, I've been sick.
A little over a week ago I started coughing.
I coughed constantly for five days,
and then I finally went to the doctor.
By that time whatever bug I had contracted with
turned into a full-on sinus infection.
Needless to say, I was "laid quite low."
Haven't been that sick in a while.
Had a shot and lots of meds to contend with.

Just today I am beginning to feel like I'm turning
the corner into wellness again.

All that to say....
I started reading The Zion Chronicles by Bodie Thoene....
five books in a series about all that took place over in Jerusalem
after World War II in the late 1940's.
I must say...I am obsessed.
I had read the six books of The Zion Covenant last year
and was equally mesmerized by that series.
Thank you Stacey O. for giving these books to me.

For the last couple of days I have been sitting outside
soaking up the sun and reading my 
"can't put this down" books.
That's when I noticed my first gerber opening up her petals.

It is good to be feeling better.
It is so good to find a book that is unputdownable.
God sends blessings even when you are sick!!

🌻



No comments: