Tuesday, March 28, 2017

sunrise & sunset


"God makes the sunrise and the sunset shout for joy."
Psalm 65: 8b
🌄
Depression...
what helps?
There is no cure for depression.
First of all you have to be okay with that one truth.
It may get better for a while.
but it's always there,
lurking,
ready to ponce.
Funny...
even when I am in a good place,
I still feel it's presence.

Someone to talk to helps. 👂
Mental health issues are still in the dark ages.
Depression and anxiety are conditions that one keeps hidden away.
When you find someone who will listen and not judge,
you have found a great treasure.
Christians especially suffer because many believe that a
"true Christian" 
would never struggle with depression or anxiety.

God's word helps. 
It is my lifeline.
I cling to the gospel.
It is my lifeboat in a stormy sea.
Jesus said,
"It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, 
but those who are sick;
I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
Mark 2:17

I am of all the worst sinner and for that reason Jesus came for me.
I need Jesus.
He didn't come because I am perfect already,
He came to make me perfect in Him.
We don't pick our trials.
We don't choose how we suffer.

Hope helps.
One day I will not suffer with depression and anxiety anymore.
When I go to be with Him he will wipe every tear from my eyes.
We must endure hardship for a while on this earth.
Hope is knowing without a doubt that it won't last forever.
Jesus will come again and end all suffering.
That is where my hope lies.







No comments: