Saturday, April 13, 2019

this boy...


This shirt...
THEY SEARCHED THE WORLD FOR ME
They couldn't have found a better boy.

Walter turns four at the end of this month.
He absolutely took my heart away in these last couple of days.
He spent the night for the first time with us since he came home from China.
One of the things that didn't happen when I was recovering from cancer
was my much loved spend the night parties with our grandchildren.
I just wasn't able,
physically or mentally.
Now that I'm so much better I thought we would give it a shot.

Friends, It was just like old times.
I read to him...all of the old favorites.
He was transfixed, as was I.
Last night we watched Paddington II.
He and I sat together in the same chair the whole time.
Archie & Gus were here too.
We took them to Papa's for dinner,
We all chowed down on delicious fried shrimp
Yesterday afternoon we went to the mall to kill some time in Barnes & Nobel.
(One of their favorite places to hang out)
We ended up riding one of those big stuffed animals
all up and down the walkways.
I have always wanted to do that.
He gave me an excuse.
Here we are...


They are in their own home now.
I just took a little nap.
They gave me a bit of a run for my money.
 I'm just thankful I'm still in the race.

Next week I have a date with Lucy.
We will watch 
Return to the Spider Verse
and dye Easter eggs. 

😜




No comments: