Monday, July 20, 2020

seeing beauty


A sweet family in our church recently adopted a little boy from South Korea.
Before they could even begin the proceedings,
they had to spend 2 weeks in quarantine separated from each other.
This note came in my mail from the mom.
She had painted these thank you cards with watercolors 
while waiting to see her child for the first time.
I love getting something in the mail.
So many of you sent cards after Bubba died and each one was such a blessing.
This note touched my heart in a special way.
What she and her husband went through to get their son was very hard.
She was able to create beauty while waiting.
I had to share.

I love the beauty that we can see in this fallen world...
flowers,
the sun just before it sets in the evening,
blue skies with puffy white clouds,
the ocean sending waves upon a white sandy shore,
green grass,
a smile on the face of a friend.
I call them glimpses of heaven.

When God makes all things new,
 we will be surrounded by beauty wherever we turn.
Right now we only see beauty faintly.
On the new earth, beauty will be commonplace and we will always be in a state of wonder.
Until then, thank you Lord for the beauty we can see.

"God has set eternity in the heart of man."
Ecclesiastes 3:11

We were made to live forever!
I can't stop reading about heaven!





No comments: