Tuesday, July 14, 2020

be gentle on yourself


I am a person who thrives on getting things done.
completing a task,
finishing a post,
getting an entire load of laundry done and put away,
reading a book all the way to the end.
I like to complete things,
to set my mind to relish upon a job brought to fruition.
Yep, that's me.

But, I can't make myself finish grieving.
I cannot get to the end of it.
I think sometimes that I may never be done completely with this heavy load of sadness.

I have a special friend that I talk to about these things.
She says there is nothing set in stone concerning grief...
"It takes as long as it takes."

"Be gentle on yourself."
I'm trying.
"Don't make any important decisions quickly after such a traumatic event."
I haven't.
"Take your time."
I am.
I'm Learning!

This is my prayer every morning...

"Make Your way straight before me."
Psalm 5:86

He does and I am thankful.

Most of all I desire to seek His will for my life.
Without God's mercy and guidance I wouldn't be this far along.
Every day I find some nugget of truth to hang on to.
I am thankful.
I am full of wonder and praise for my Savior.
.
"Be Gentle on Yourself."
It's harder than it seems!


No comments: