Thursday, July 16, 2020

teach me about heaven


Bubba took this picture of me on the last full day of our cruise.
It was Valentine's Day,
I was sitting in my happy place on our balcony hanging over the deep blue ocean.
Little did I know what lay ahead.

I have been very interested to read about heaven.
It took me a while before I could read more than a sentence or two after Bubba died.
It was like my brain went into shock and couldn't function.
Now I'm better,
almost back to normal reading skills.
Reading is once again a huge joy in my life.

Because of Jesus and God's word and His Spirit giving me faith to believe,
I know that Bubba is in heaven.
I rarely go to the cemetery.
He's just not there.
The part of Him that I love is with Jesus.
Because of that, I have an intense desire to know as much as I can about where I know he is.


Erika's Dad recommended this book to me on the day of Bub's funeral.
I just started reading it yesterday because I have been hanging out in Heaven by Randy Alcorn. 
I am already almost halfway done.
It has taken my soul to new heights.
Heaven is alluded to all through the Bible.
God wants us to know about heaven 
so that when we lose someone we love we can be comforted.
He wants us to look forward to where we are headed when our time here is done.
He wants to show us what He has prepared for us,
and ya'll it is amazing.
I have been lifted to great heights of joy by these books.

Bubba is waiting for all of us to come and see what He now knows.
We live by faith.
 He is living by sight.
I cannot even imagine the glories he has seen.
He has beheld the face of his Savior.
He has fallen to the ground before Him in worship and praise.
He is waiting for us to come.

"For God so loved the world
 that He gave His only begotten Son, 
that whoever believes in Him 
should not perish 
but have everlasting life," 
John 3:16

This verse is for everyone.
Notice it says "whoever believes."
Come to Jesus, He is waiting.
He loves you. 



No comments: