Saturday, July 11, 2020

133 days


One hundred thirty-three days.
That's how long it has been since Bubba left to go to his heavenly home.
Lots of lonely days.
Lots of memories gliding through my mind.
Lots of time in God's word.

I found this verse this morning...

"The Lord...protects the widow."
Psalm 145:9

This sparked a huge amount of thanksgiving in my soul.
God is watching out for me,
He knows my heart, my fears, my hopes.
He has given me everything I need...
That would be His Son, Jesus Christ.
In Christ I am well taken care of in every way.
Bubba is with Jesus now.
He is waiting for all of us to join him.
I can rest in that truth.

The other night it came a hard rain,
then the sun came out. 
I had to hurry because I knew it wouldn't last.
The rainbow was fleeting, and maybe a little faint in color, but I got so excited!
The rainbow is our assurance that God keeps all of His promises.
At my lowest times, 
when my soul despairs within me, 
He reminds me that every word of His Word is true.


"Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord O my soul.
I will praise the Lord while I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
Psalm 146: 1&2

Amen!

*add on at 2:45 pm
I'm cooking for some people who really like to eat today.
Have to cook two roasts because one is not enough.
@growing kids
@lover of leftovers
@it's what grammy's do
@food = love



These pots of goodness are in the oven now.
❤️









No comments: