Sunday, September 20, 2020

about joy


Nehemiah 8:10

People ask me frequently,
"How are you doing, Cathy?"
I can honestly say at this point,
"I'm doing good."

I spend much time in God's word and in prayer.
I draw my strength from there.
I have much Joy in my heart.
It doesn't come from anything in this world.
My Joy comes from knowing God and Jesus and constantly filling my mind with His truth.
My Joy comes from being indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
My Joy comes from a deep faith and trust in the promises of God.
There is assurance embedded in my soul that God has me by my right hand.

  Joy is not giddy happiness.
I still grieve for Bubba.
I often feel lonely and sad and overwhelmed.
But I always have Joy.
This Joy gives me the strength to press on,
to keep running the race,
to keep a smile on my face,
to have hope.

This verse...

"All of my springs of Joy are in You."
Psalm 87:7

Joy that never goes away.
Joy that springs forth from God in my soul.
Joy that has no human reason. 

Joy
❤️




 

No comments: