Friday, September 11, 2020

there she goes


I awoke this morning with my day all planned.
I would do some errands and end up at the commissary to buy groceries
before grabbing lunch and heading for home.

I did my hair, got all dressed up, and headed out.
I didn't get far before Bubba's van made a loud noise like an airplane taking off and started chugging...
refusing to get going.
Not wanting to be stranded by the side of the road,
I turned around and came home.
I called David and he told me to call AAA, our roadside assistance help.

My family deemed my 2005 Honda unreliable some time ago.
It has been sitting in my driveway untouched for months.
"O Yay" I murmured to myself.
"I can drive the Honda."
Not in my wildest dreams did I think that would be a problem.

Friends, this is where my stupidity shows itself.
I couldn't even get the doors open.
The battery was dead and the whole electrical system was not working.
A car doesn't sit idle for months and then spring back to life.
Soon it began to dawn on me...
You aren't going anywhere today girl.

I called AAA.
They sent out two separate repair guys.
One recharged the battery on my Honda and the other hauled Bubba's van to the repair shop.
The whole process from start to finish took two hours.
I did get to drive my Honda to get groceries but that was all I did.
I was petrified it would leave me stranded.
It didn't!
I made it home!
All that to say...


I am awaiting a call from the repair shop.
I think it's the transmission.
 ðŸ˜Ÿ






 

No comments: