Tuesday, February 21, 2023

donkeys and root beer and funny looking eyes and a beautiful blouse


We never really mastered our selfies.
Somehow it's hard to know what to do with your eyes.


I like root beer. 
This one is made in St. John.
It was quite good.
Outdoor cafe for lunch ~ local characters running the place.
Quite a show ~ great food.
We chose well.


The tale behind the donkeys.


In past years before the modern era there were many plantations on St. John Island.
The plantation owners used donkeys to help with the heavy workload.
When the plantation owners finally moved away from the island,
they left their donkeys behind.
The donkeys remain on the island to this day.
They, of course, are the offspring of the original donkeys.
They roam freely all over the island.
 St. John is well-known for its donkey population.


My one big splurge in St. John!
It caught my eye when we sat down to eat lunch.
A shop called Lulee.



That's what David calls our Lu sometimes.
I couldn't wait to finish up eating and go in.
It was my dream shop.
I love all things linen and ruffles and bows.
I wanted everything in the store.
Okay, Cathy, you can buy one thing, just one.
(Bubba speaking)
This blouse ~ 100% Linen.
Ruffles around the neck, with a bow to tie in the front.
Gorgeous long sleeves with bows to tie around the wrist.
I knew the minute I saw it.
It had to be mine.
I wore it to the second elegant night on our cruise with a long, black, pencil skirt.
Perfect.
It was made for me.

I have to take another cruise to get back to Lulee.
😉


The moon the night I wore my most beautiful shirt.

★☆✴⋆✬🌟









 

No comments: