Monday, February 13, 2023

roses and birthday parties and the people I love


Yesterday was my birthday!
I was in the nursery at church playing with a baby.
Lucy came through the door carrying a big bouquet of my favorite roses.
Then we discovered that we had dressed alike for my big day.
I loved carrying the bouquet into the church because then everyone knew it was my birthday.
I 💗 Lucy!


We decided to go out to dinner for my big day but we kept getting thwarted.
Pearls burned completely down so we decided to go to Bellas.
Bellas was closed for the Super Bowl.
Plan 2 was to go to Bow Ties.
Bow Ties also decided to close because of the Super Bowl.
The third choice was the charm.
We landed at Driftaway.
It was delicious.


Then back to the Cleland home for cake and present opening.
Everybody is smiling.
We had such a good time celebrating my 75th birthday.


On Saturday Sally invited me to a "Galentine's " party.
I came home with this most beautiful rose.
I've named it Sally's rose.
Such a fun time with great food and fellowship,
 a red velvet cake with candles for me.
(only three)
I am one blessed girl.

I'm not sad at all to be so old.
I'm closer to heaven than I've ever been.
I had a lovely birthday cruise with Amanda.
The whole weekend was filled with love and laughter,
good food and beautiful things,
and the people I love the most in this world.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!







 

No comments: