Friday, June 9, 2023

bed & breakfast...


...lunch and dinner too.

Things are just before getting cranked up here at 124-B.
David & Erika are leaving on the night plane in a couple of hours.
Gus and Archie are accompaniying them.
They are going on an almost two-week tour of Israel.
Lucy, Harry, and Walt will be staying here with me.

I've got my fridge stocked.
I've made their beds comfy.
I have the kid's room set up for movie-watching and game-playing.
It should be interesting.
Am I ready for this?
Hopefully,
 this old set-in-her ways Grammy 
will adapt to two teenagers and an eight-year-old in my care full time.
I'll keep you readers informed.

I like the picture and quote above.
When you take the time to sit quietly and be thankful,
you realize how richly blessed you are.
No matter what's going on in the world, believers are safe in Christ.
He has given us everything we need for life and godliness.
God daily loads us up with benefits.
We have a future and a hope to look forward to.

Now,
I breathe a prayer for stamina, 
for a loving heart,
for patience,
for the opportunity to share Christ with these precious gifts for God.
I pray that I will be able to manage my anxious heart.
That I will not get angry.
I pray for safety on the road for Lu and me as we drive.
for the ability to play endless games of Uno with Walter,
and endurance to sit in the hot sun at the pool.
This is what Grammies do.
Just wish Bubba was here to share these times with us.

💗💙💙








 

No comments: