Saturday, June 3, 2023

peonies


If I have but one day to gaze upon the beauty of this flower,
it will be enough.

I am just back from a trip to Sea World/Aquatica down in Florida.
Me and my family crammed a whole lot of fun into a few days.
We met up with Amanda.
We went to all of our favorite restaurants,
We even went over to Disney and spent an evening enjoying Dole Whip treats,
There was much laughter and hilarity.
It's what families do when they get together.
We remember old times and make new memories to talk about later.

All that to say,
we were packed like sardines into David's black Honda Odyssey.
Limited to one small bag each,
we had to pack small.
That's eight people and eight suitcases
There was a whole library of DVDs 
so that continuous movies could be played for the enjoyment of the kids.
Bags of snacks, large water bottles, purses, and carry-ons.
Crazy huh?

Yesterday we stopped in Jacksonville on our way back home.
We ate at PF Changs and did a little shopping.
When it was time to leave I noticed a big bouquet of peonies.
They were standing upright along with all of our baggage and added shopping bags.
They were for me,
bought at Trader Joe's before we left Orlando.
I don't know how they survived but they made it home and are thriving.



So thankful for my family, and big bouquets of flowers and trips and laughter!







 

No comments: