Sunday, June 4, 2023

no worry mam, i'll get you there on time


This is the post I didn't write about my trip home from Florida a couple of weeks ago.
My flight left West Palm Beach at 8:00 AM.
I asked Amanda if we could leave her house at 5:30 AM.
When I got my suitcase checked,
 went through security,
 and got to the place where I was to board the plane,
 the sun was just coming up.
I snapped this picture and settled in to wait.
The plane left right on time for the hour-and-a-half flight to Atlanta.
I had a 45-minute window to make it to my connecting flight to Savannah.

Just to be on the safe side,
I asked for a transport to meet me at the gate and hurry me to my next flight.
We were a little late arriving because of thunderstorms.
Then I had to wait to get off of the fully loaded jet.
When I finally emerged there was no one to meet me and there was no time to spare.
I finally rounded up a chair on wheels and a guy to drive it.
"No worry Mam, I'll get you there on time."

We take off through the airport at a fast past.
He is yelling,
"Coming down the center with a wheelchair."
We get on an elevator and then a bullet train.
Back up to the concourse and down to the end.
He is still yelling...
"Coming down the center with a wheelchair."
I am hanging on for dear life and praying we'll make it with my falling out.
There are no sides to the transport chairs.

We didn't make it.
The door to the plane had just closed and they would not open it for me.
I missed my flight ~ my worst nightmare.

The nice transport guy took me to get my ticket changed
and then wheeled me to the gate for my flight to Savannah.
I was frazzled and felt all alone in a bad place.
Thankfully, I only had to wait a couple of hours and I was on my way.

The landing in Savannah was a rough one.
I thought we had dropped out of the sky.
But I was home alive and that was all that mattered.

Atlanta Hartsfield is insane,
but you have to go there to get anywhere.
Hope I don't have to fly again any time soon.


Rocky
The Hollinsworth kitty,
I 💗 him!




 

No comments: