Friday, June 16, 2023

sisters


My sister Teri came to town last week.
Her daughter Anna, and Robert, Anna's husband, bought a beautiful house in Savannah
and Teri came to help them settle in.
I was able to spend some time with them.
I always love it when Teri visits because, you know,
sisters are just special.
Even though she is 13 years younger than me,
we were cut from the same cloth.
We understand each other in ways no one else can.

We spent some time alone and some time with the kids I'm keeping.
I'm always sorry to see her go.
There's just never enough time to finish talking.
💗💗


The hardest part of keeping kids is feeding them.
I can't keep enough food in the house.
I almost need to go to the grocery store every day.

I actually thought Walter was enjoying our shopping event until I saw this picture.
He looks bored out of his gourd.
He was rolling the buggy,
fetching large items from low shelves,
and helping me make decisions like what flavor of lemonade to buy.
Maybe I just caught him in deep contemplation.
Who knows!

I always do self-checkout.
He got to bag my items, put them back in the buggy,
and roll them to the Tank to be placed in the rear.
When we got home he carried all of my purchases in for me.
I could get used to that!

I've had the kids for a week now.
David and Erika are due home on Wednesday.

Vacation Bible School starts on Monday.
I'm helping with snacks.
Hope I hold out.

*Serve the Lord with gladness.









 

No comments: