Wednesday, June 28, 2023

my most egregious sin


Our God,
the Maker of Heaven and Earth,
the Sustainer of Life,
the blessed Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
made this beautiful flower.
I praise Him and thank Him for the beauty of His creation.
🌹


Psalm 112:7

People say...
"If only God would speak to me,
reveal His will to me,
tell me what decision I should make in any particular circumstance."

I say...
"Read God's Word.
It contains everything we need for life and godliness.
Do what He says,
Be obedient.
Trust His Word.
Lean not unto your own understanding.
He will direct your path."

I love the verse above.
My most egregious sin is fear.
I encounter "DO NOT FEAR" everywhere in God's Word.
He is speaking to me when I see those words.
He is telling me not to be afraid.
I'm working on this sin.
It's a slow process,
but this admonition is sinking in.

Look what Psalm 112 verse 7 says.
If your heart is steadfast, 
set upon the Lord,
If you are trusting Him,
Your heart is upheld,
You will not fear.

It's a promise.
God keeps all of His promises.
The problem is me.
My heart is not always "Set upon the Lord."
I let other things, things of the world, creep in and I worry.
Trying to keep my mind steadfast on God.
It's a constant battle.





 

No comments: