Wednesday, June 14, 2023

blogging ~ keeping kids


Ordinarily, one of the greatest parts of my day
 is sitting down at my computer in the middle of the afternoon to write my blog. 
Since I've been keeping kids, 
the greatest part of my afternoon is sitting down and taking a rest break.

I have morphed into a short-order cook,
a daily washer of Chick Fil A uniforms,
a player of games,
a shuttler of Harry to run,
a watcher of scooter races.
There is a lot of listening to foolishness 
and the occasional opportunity for a deep theological discussion.
Yesterday at lunch we talked about the Rapture.
I read the little bit we know about it from I Thessalonians and they were intrigued.

There is no part of my daily existence that is the same as it was on Friday of last week!
I am a better person than I was then simply by fostering these kids.
They are full of life and they keep me laughing.
It is such an honor to be their Grammy.

Lucy and the boys just came through the door with an armful of flowers and some chocolate candy.
She took them over to our church this morning to prep for VBS next week
I had my infusion today and they knew I wasn't feeling great. 
They showered me with these blessings.



My grandchildren are God's gift to me.
They are love in action.
Thankful!
💗











 

No comments: