Thursday, June 22, 2023

not keeping kids anymore


What can I say?
My house is quiet.
I didn't get up and fix scrambled eggs and bacon this morning.
I'm not playing Uno this afternoon.
No Chick Fil A uniforms to wash.
No one asking,
Grammy, do you need any help.

The kids are gone.
David and Erika and Gus and Archie got home from Israel yesterday,
and, of course, they wanted their children back.

There is so much to be thankful for.
Safe trip.
No one got sick.
No one fell off of a scooter and broke a bone.
I only took two "serious" disciplinary actions.
I won't say which kid was the recipient.
Somehow I managed to feed them 33 meals and keep the fridge well stocked.
We got to Vacation Bible School on time every morning.
God answered every prayer I sent up.
Here are a few memories...


Walter loved his bed on the floor.
I had a little lamp on a stool where he keep his water and his Bible.
In the afternoon when I rested,
he read his book and listened to stories here.


Shoes left in the foyer...
ready to go outside.


Riding the golden scooters is always a big hit.


Lucy painting shoes to be worn at Vacation Bible School.


The finished project.


Harry has read this book several times.
He left it with me to read.
He wants me to get inspired to start running.
He thinks I have lots of energy and would love it.
He warned me that the book contains lots of profanity.
Then he told me.
"Don't worry Gram, I blacked out every bad word."


Lucy went to the Farmer's Market at Forsyth Park on Saturday morning.
She brought these delicious peaches back to me.
Just picked!


Walter spent lots of time riding his bike around my neighborhood.


One day I found Walter's toy cars lined up on his bed.
He showed me each one,
inside and out.
Very intricate and well-made cars.
Interestingly,
you buy them at Kroger.

There has been no news from the bottle that we threw off of the pier on
Saturday afternoon.
I'm glad.
I want it to travel far.




























 

No comments: