Thursday, November 3, 2011

brothers & sisters

My brother....
Growing up he stole french fries off of my plate.
Now,
he has all the best toys,
he can still make me laugh.
He's seen me through some really tough times,
and he always calls to check 
when he hears of trouble.
 I am very thankful for him
and his golf cart
and for taking us all 
trick or treating on
Halloween.

Flu Shot
I don't take a flu shot because it makes me sick every time.
Bubba says that is a bunch of malarky.
My doctor
offered to give me the shot in two separate
administrations.
So,
yesterday,
I had the first half.
That was at 2:00 pm.
By 5:00 I was sick in bed
with flu-like symptoms
sleeping it off.
I told Bubba
that I am not taking
the other half
of that flu shot next week.
He says I'll take it
even if he has to
hogtie me
and haul me in to get it himself.
We'll see.
cc
.

No comments: