Monday, November 28, 2011

the neigborhood hawk

The first time I noticed him
I was sitting in the
rocking chair
on the front porch
of our house at Hilton Head, 
basking
in the warmth of the
sun. 
He swooped low and made a huge,
fleeting shadow.
After he passed by, I said ,
"Wow."

The next time I saw him
he made a
swift gliding landing
on a rather low branch of a tree.

What intrigued me was his docile nature.
It was almost as if he was trying to get me to notice him.
The hawk stayed perched on the limb for quite a long time.

We all had been bicycling together
and Mark and Amanda
came upon me gazing intently up in the tree.

The hawk let me and then Mark
take picture after picture
before he tired of our antics
 and flew silently and gracefully away.

A miracle
is the flight of a bird.
God feeds them you know and takes care of them. 
Not one falls to the ground
without His knowledge. 

We also saw a black snake 
slithering away on the path to the beach,
 two small alligators,
one swimming,
 one laying on the bank in the sun,
 and a family of rather large
turtles
resting happily together by the side of the lagoon.

All of God's creatures are so amazing!

Raining right now.
Hear it falling on the world outside.
Everything about God's creation is good and wonderful.
cathy

No comments: