Wednesday, June 18, 2014

savannah from above


I think she is beautiful.
Thought you would enjoy this picture.
Love the new bridge in the background in the sunset.
I guess that will always be called
"the new bridge."
I think this was taken from the roof of the
Desoto Hotel.

Savannah really hasn't changed much over the years.
She is still a sleepy, laid back town.
I love to go downtown.....
The parks and squares,
good restaurants,
quaint shops,
all beckon me to come visit.

I have mastered my 
water aerobics.
So much fun,
so relaxing, 
such a great workout.
I still have a little trouble 
getting everything going in the right direction,
at the right time,
but I am not alone in that.

Most importantly,
as we get a little older every day,
it is so important to keep our bodies moving
and our minds active.

Getting older is inevitable,
Taking care of our bodies is essential
Preparing for eternity 
is the most important thing we can do in this life.

I read this in Job today....

"Man who is born of woman,
Is short-lived and full of turmoil.
Like a flower he comes forth and withers...
He also flees like a shadow and does not remain."

God has told us in advance that we will all die.
The presence of so many cemeteries
attests that this fact is true.
Yet so many do not prepare.
They live this
 "short,
turmoil filled life" 
as if it will go on forever.

In Christ we are secure.
In Christ we have eternal life.
Do you know Jesus tonight?



No comments: