Saturday, October 25, 2014

bonfire in the backyard


This is the second annual backyard trash pile burn.
I have been adding to this heap since the spring.
Bubba decided late in the day
that it was time
to let it go.
I think it is magnificent.

Today,
Saturday,
October 25, 2014,
was a beautiful, perfect day.
Not a cloud in the sky,
brilliant sunshine,
cool temperatures ~ no humidity.
To me, this day was what heaven will be like.

The perfect day for a bonfire!
No wind.
It just shot straight up in the air.....
no smoke traveling over to our neighbors.
It burned hot.
We couldn't get very close

Now, 
the fire is simmering.
There is a hose nearby, just in case.

Of course I said to Bubba,
"Shouldn't we wait until the kids are here to have the bonfire?"
He answered with a resounding 
No.
Seems a little bit of a waste to me...
they would have loved it so!


Fire is beautiful and warm and exciting!






No comments: