Thursday, October 9, 2014

hello fall ~ goodbye summer


I was up before five this morning.
By seven I had done all of my morning stuff....
Coffee,
a little catch-up on the news,
breakfast,
check the internet,
Bible reading & prayer,
my mat exercises
and cleaned up the kitchen.
It was seven am.
It was still pitch dark.

This evening ,
darkness will come back way before I am ready.
Not good!

Don't get me wrong, I love the fall season.
I love no humidity,
a "little bit" cooler temps,
changing leaves,
brilliant sunshine & bright blue skies.
I love Halloween,
wearing my sweaters,
my boots,
and
having "good hair days,"

I especially love Thanksgiving,
gathering together,
chili & cornbread
and even football 
because it makes 
Bubba and Gus so happy.

But I don't like darkness and cold weather.
I know, too bad,
It happens every year you say.

I will adjust.
I will hang mini lights at my windows and light candles
to dispel the darkness.
I will enjoy the fireplace
and wrapping up in a soft, warm throw,
 I will survive.

But you better know one thing.....
I'll be counting the days until summer comes again.



No comments: