Wednesday, June 3, 2015

because i love this psalm

and because it means so much to me,
I share it with you tonight....

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the
Almighty.
He is my refuge ~ my fortress.....
My God in whom I trust.

For....
It is He who delivers you,
from....
the snare of the trapper.
the deadly pestilence.

God will cover you with His pinions,
under His wings you will take refuge.


His faithfulness is 
a shield,
   a bulwark.

                You will not be afraid
of the terror by night,
           of the arrows that fly by day,
                             of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
                                of the destruction that lays waste at noon.

A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand by your right hand,
But....
it shall not approach you.

You will look on with your eyes
 and see the recompense
of the wicked.

For....
You have made the Lord,
my refuge, even the Most High,
Your dwelling place.

No evil will befall you....
nor will any plague come before your tent.

For....
            He will give His angels charge over you
to guard you in all of your ways.
     They will bear you up in their hands,
          lest you strike your foot against a stone.

Because he has loved Me,
therefore,
I will deliver him,
I will set him securely on high.
Because he has known my name, he will call upon Me
and.....
   I will answer him
                    I will be with him in trouble.
 I will rescue him.
I will honor him.
                         I will satisfy him with a long life.
                            I will let him behold My salvation."
Psalm 91

O my!!!!
All this is ours in Christ. 
I cannot fathom or comprehend the Father's love and care for us.
One of my most favorite Psalms!

No comments: