Sunday, June 21, 2015

roses from little boys


Last week was, shall I say,
difficult.
If you haven't ever had a kidney stone
 pass through your body
you can't know....
there are no words to describe the pain and agony.

Last Monday night it came out of the blue.
After a normal day in all ways,
I was awakened at 11:30 pm with the "pain."
I knew exactly what it was
where it came from,
what was ahead.

The stone moves, stops, moves again.
There are times 
when there is no pain.
Then it comes back with full intensity.
It (the stone)
amazingly wakened me at the same time every night,
and kept me in agony all night.
by Friday morning last, 
I was done.
Bubba took me to the doctor's office very early for fluids,
and they sent me straight to the hospital for surgery.
Had to get that thing outa there!!

My loves had gathered here on Thursday night 
to celebrate Amanda's birthday.
I had been so looking forward to their brief visit.

Everything was cancelled,
I never even got Amanda a gift,
her very cool beach cake was cancelled too.
No party...no nothing!
I was so sad.

When I got home from the hospital
 Friday afternoon,
it wasn't long before Jake and Eli came bounding in...
carrying the roses and the balloon
 in the picture above.
I was overwhelmed
 and so thankful
that they were here to cheer me up!

I thought of this verse....

"A man's heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

Our plans don't always turn out like we hoped they would,
but when you are in Christ,
His plans 
are always best!

No comments: