Saturday, October 10, 2015

closer....continued


25 at 67
The Next Ten

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
No stress...
just a day to be with family,
a reason to cook a feast,
a day to give thanks to our Maker
for all of His immeasurable blessings.

I have a strange fear of opening my front door.
The lizard that lives there 
is not to be deterred.
He has been dispatched to faraway places twice.
only to return and reclaim ownership.
Freaks me out!

The Bible is my favorite book.
There is no way to get to the end.
Every time I read it,
more is revealed.

I have a telephone phobia.
I do not like to call people for fear of
disturbing them.
This is a very real and stressful problem for me.

I am doing Bible Study Fellowship this year.
We are delving into the book of Revelation.
There is a promise in the first chapter for us...
"Blessed is he who reads
 and those who hear the words of this prophecy, 
and keep those things which are written in it; 
for the time is near."
Revelation 1:3

Sanctification,
the process of being made like Christ 
and fitted for heaven after salvation
 is a lifelong process.
I am a very slow learner.
Just this week
God showed my a life changing truth
that I didn't know before.
Thankful He keeps working in us.

I bought an orange quilt for our bed.
I will have a picture of it up soon.
I love all things pumpkin too.
Fall is a good season.

We are all here on this earth for a purpose.
Life is not random.
Somewhere we fit into His plan.
One day we will know how He used us for His glory.
That is so exciting as we face the future.

Fall has beautiful light.
I love how brilliant the sun is,
how long the shadows are.
Summer is slipping away quietly.
Before we know 
it will be dark and cold.
That's okay
because God is the light of truth
and He shines brightly
in our hearts.

5 more tomorrow,,,,
25 at 67







No comments: