Sunday, March 6, 2016

he will cry

Lucy, Harry, Archie & Gus,
all four of them spent the night here
on Friday night.

It is kind of a tradition
 for us to watch a movie together.
I asked David about E.T.
He said that was fine,
but Gus would cry.

E.T. came out in 1982.
It is 34 years old.
Lucy and I had already watched it together
a couple of times.
We love it.

I made our TV room into a movie theater.
Lu and I sat in the big recliners
and the boys had comfy quilts and pillows on the floor.
We fixed ice cream sundaes,
dimmed the lights,
and started to watch the show.

Lucy was quiet,
Harry was mesmerized,
Archie asked a thousand questions,
and Gus, he asked questions too.
All of the boys desperately wanted me to tell them
what was going to happen next.

Gus started out with his brothers,
then he separated from them a little bit.
Next thing I knew,
he was up in the chair with me
sitting very close.

By the end of the movie,
when it came time for the children 
to send E.T. back home,
Gus started sobbing unconsolably.
He was so sad and would not be comforted.

Gus is all boy...
He can be tough and brave.
But he cries at movies.
I like that in a man.
He is not ashamed to show emotion.
I hope he never stops!




No comments: