Friday, February 16, 2018

dinner for two with a view


Last night Bubba and I celebrated Valentine's Day
at Pearl's Saltwater Grill.
What a wonderful place to unwind and eat dinner.
The creek was full and like glass
reflecting the blue sky, the clouds, and the docks lining the water.
I ordered shrimp and crab au gratin,
Bubba got crab stuffed flounder.
What a great week this has been!!!
All kinds of reasons to celebrate and be thankful.

Week one of radiation is done.
Five more weeks to go!
Yesterday this came in the mail...


....a gift from Amanda.
Just something about being surprised by these words gave me hope.
Yes, I can do this.
I can go every day of the week,
get my treatment,
talk with the other patients going through what I'm going through,
be cheerful,
and thankful, and glad of heart...
knowing that my God brought this to me,
that He will see me to a good ending.
I will grow and learn more about how He cares for me
every second of my life.

Thank you for the prayers,
all of you who are praying.
I can feel them.
Thank you for the messages,
the texts, 
the e-mails, 
the food,
the cards,
the gifts,
the phone calls,
for all of the love that has been shown to me.
My heart knows....



No comments: