Sunday, February 25, 2018

can you find the hearts?


There are two of them.
One is upside down.
One requires shadows to see.
These bushes are blooming all over Savannah as I write.
If anyone knows what they are called,
please let me know.
I never remember seeing these so full of blooms
this early in the year.

We are having an early spring.
Temperatures are in the eighties, 
the grass is already green,
trees are budding out,
pollen is everywhere,
(my old Honda, which sits outside,
requires a shower from the hose 
before I drive so that I can see out of her windows)
Actually,
it seems like we went from winter to summer overnight.

I went to church without Bubba this Sunday morning.
The pollen got to him early last week.
He has been really sick.
I am very thankful that he is getting better.

I love our church so much.
The Sunday gathering is the highlight of my week.
Of course the proclamation of God's word is the most important item on the agenda.
We are studying through the book of I Timothy.
But let me tell you, when we sing, we worship God.
The music is so God honoring.
I always leave ready to face another week
(in my case another week of radiation)
knowing that God is on His throne in the heavens
and that He is in control.
The music stirs my soul to worship.

You're the Lord of light shining in the dark
You're the source of life beating in my heart
You're the living hope, You're the risen Christ
You restored my soul
Oh You brought me back to life

You Brought Me Back to Life
The Citizens

How do I get through the dark days of pain and fear?
With Jesus holding my hand and leading me to the other side.
He is faithful and good.
I can trust Him.


No comments: