Saturday, April 18, 2020

how i pass my time in the shut down


I cook!

It feels so good to get in the kitchen and prepare large amounts of food.
Bubba did most of the cooking and I forgot how much I love making something delicious;
pouring myself into the task of creating a tasty meal.
I sauteed these shrimp for Amanda and me along with some sweet Italian sausage.
We split an ear of corn but wanted more.


A big pot of yellow squash with a few zucchinis made for a squash casserole that was amazing.
Food looks so beautiful in the pot, doesn't it!


Erika has been making bread for me.
I eat it every day along with my broccoli-cheese soup.
Y'all it is the best!
My best thanks are not enough for this yummy treat fresh from her oven.


This is my crowd pleaser...
Broccoli- chicken casserole.
The kids love it,
they ask for it for their birthday dinner,
served with Bubba's famous rice and Sister Shuberts.
The best.


I feel that I do my best cooking with a dozen long stemed roses on my island.
I also need a made by Lucy scented candle burning brightly.
Making my Aunt Clyde's pecan pie.


Our Easter Sunday offering was bountiful.
We had...
Honey Baked Ham,
My famous red rice,
Hashbrown casserole made by David,
Broccoli salad,
(we eat a lot of broccoli)
and,
my delicious pineapple bake.
The flowers were dropped off the day before by some friends from our church.
( you remember me writing about what happened on our 50th Anniversary)



Lucy, our 14-year-old who loves to bake, brought this dessert tray.
Chocolate bird nests,
Mini carrot cakes,
and, 
homemade marshmallows.

I am preparing now for our meal tomorrow.
Doing another beef roast with all the fixings.
Just wish that Bubba was here to enjoy it with us.

*Saturday afternoons are the hardest.
That's when he died here.
Trying to stay busy and keep from getting too sad.
Life must go on and it does.
Just need to keep on doing what I love and what he loved.
He would be proud of me I think.

❤️













No comments: