Wednesday, April 1, 2020

fear is not from God


Fear is when we decide to take matters in our own hands,
when we decide to not trust God,
when we think that the place God has us is not good, not pleasant, intolerable.
God has not given us this spirit of fear.

What God has given us is the power of the Holy Spirit in our heart which enables us to
love God and love others.
He has given us a sound mind when we stay fervently in His word,
believing and trusting everything that He has revealed to us
and obeying His commands.

Walking through new widowhood and this isolation, 
I am tempted to believe the lie that fear is the right response.
But no, the Bible tells me it is not.

God, give me the ability to believe the truth of these verses today.
I will need Your power to obey.
I cannot do it in my own strength because my flesh is weak, but in You I am strong.
Have mercy on us dear God for we need You so much in these terrifying circumstances.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will direct your path.
Proverbs 3:5&6

❤️

No comments: