Saturday, April 25, 2020

if i


If I could find this house I would buy it and move right in.
I would furnish it with all my pretty things.
I would take my dishes and my pots and pans and I would cook things I catch in the sea.
I would find a place to plant a garden.
There would be a little beach town close by where I could get the things I need.
It would have to sell long-stemmed pink roses.
I would let my hair grow long and wear it in a bun at the nape of my neck.
I would put a swing and lots of rocking chairs on the porch.
I would cover the walls with my favorite books.
I would read until my heart grew content.
I would take long walks down the beach.
I would bask in the glow of the sun.
I would swim in the surf ~ I would ride the waves.
I would watch the sunrise every morning and then wait for it's setting at the end of the day.
I would sleep with the windows open so that I could hear the waves crashing on the shore.
I don't know what I would do with the boat.
Maybe plant some flowers in it.

I 💙 the beach!


No comments: