Monday, April 13, 2020

i cannot even...


...begin to tell this story without tearing up...
Happy tears!

Saturday was our 50th wedding anniversary 
and Bubba was not here to celebrate 
and everybody was so worried that I'd be so sad and cry all day long
and the morning started out with the tears flowing,
and I thought,
"Oh no, they were right, I AM going to cry all day long."

😢

Then
I heard something at my front door...
some very quiet talking and some movement.
I peeked out 
and there were eight members of a family from our church.
They were hanging this beautiful handmade banner that they had made and...
they brought this amazing pink hydrangea plant.



I cried the whole time they were here.
But wait,
the tears felt more like happy tears than sad tears.
They stayed their required "social distance"
and left as quietly as they had come.

I went back to my day getting ready for Easter Sunday.
And then, a little later, 
I looked out my front door and there was a gift on the bench
and flowers and cards and a book and a succulent garden.
Something was definitely going on!




Ya'll they came all throughout the day and even after dinner...
People quietly leaving a gift on my porch.
They didn't knock or ring the doorbell.
They simply placed their love offering on my bench and were on their way.













I spent our whole 50th wedding anniversary going to the porch and bringing gifts inside.
Children had made cards and colored pictures, 
wrote poems and letters.
There were beautiful cards with thoughtful notes.
There were pralines and doughnuts,
 scented soaps and body lotions,
 bookmarks and a bag full of goodies.
And there were flowers in all colors and varieties. 🌼
I have never in my whole life experienced anything like Saturday!
I have never felt more loved and cared for,
more overwhelmed with gratitude.
I never cried again that day.
It was a happy day! A perfect day!

The people at our church did this for me.
I will never forget these acts of love.
I have no idea how I will ever convey to these souls how much this meant to me.
If you read this please know that your loving care for me was heaven sent.
You made this sad day one of the happiest days of my life.
❤️
Amazing Grace How Sweet It Is!











No comments: