Saturday, April 11, 2020

this life we made


❤️❤️

April 11, 1970
Exactly fifty years ago at four o'clock in the afternoon.
I remember it as if it were this moment.
We were so young,
so naive.
This is my favorite photo of the two of us on our wedding day.
We were heading into our reception.
We hadn't even been married for an hour.
We were so happy.
There was a gentle breeze blowing.
He had hold of my veil.
We had almost 50 years ahead of us to love each other,
to make a family,
to have grandchildren,
to travel,
to experience all of the blessings God had for us together.

God planned our life from the beginning of time.
He chose Bubba for me and me for Bubba.
We were Cathy & Bubba.
We lived and learned and grew closer and closer to the Lord as we grew older.
He was my protector, my lover, my best friend.
God took Bubba from me suddenly exactly six weeks ago.
This loss is the hardest thing I've ever done;
but, of course,
 God is carrying me through in His loving arms.

Happy 50th Anniversary to the love of my life.
We had an exceptionally beautiful, exciting, amazingly blessed time together.
I know you are in heaven cheering me on.
I'll see you soon!
Cathy

❤️❤️

No comments: