Tuesday, April 21, 2020

saying goodbye to a beautiful lady


"Aunt Louise" Futrell 
has been in my life for as long as I can remember.
She and her family lived four houses down on 35th Street.
She gifted me with a special lifelong friend,
Joy Loucinda, aka Lou.
This picture shows us celebrating her 88th birthday.
Lou and I brought our granddaughters to the party...
Look how little they were!

This gracious lady could cook some really delicious food.
When I taught third grade at Calvary Day School,
she was in charge of the daily lunch fare for the whole school.
I so remember on cinnamon roll day we could smell them cooking all morning.
We couldn't wait to get to the lunchroom to partake.
Aunt Louise was always there behind the lunch counter 
dishing up her amazing food with a huge smile on her face and a sweet greeting on her lips.

Today we celebrate her life and will see her off to her new home in heaven.
She passed away this past weekend at the age of 99.
She lived a rich, full life.

I thank God for her today.
I'm thankful that I knew her,
that I grew up with her right "down the street,"
that sometimes she seemed like a second Mom to me!
I'm thankful that she's not confined to a bed today,
that she is rejoicing in heaven with her Savior,
that Bubba has greeted her and they've probably had an interesting conversation.

I'm thankful that she gave me a friend like Joy Loucinda,
aka Lou.
Sweet memories!

❤️


No comments: