Saturday, August 22, 2020

grandboys will do...


...what grandboys do.

It took me a while to figure this out.
When I first saw this scenario in my front yard I thought...
"What in the world."
"Have the rioters been to my house to leave me a message?"
"What should I do?"
"Should I call the police?"
"Should I report this blatant show of weaponry?"
I did not move or destroy the evidence.

Later that afternoon, Amanda arrived from Florida.
She thought I had left my hand-held hedge clippers stuck in the bush I was trimming.
We decided to investigate.


Harry, the one with the dreamy eyes,
the climber, 
David's oldest boy,
arrayed these for me as some kind of sign.
I have yet to figure out the hidden, intrinsic message,
but I WAS glad to have my questions answered about evil intentions.
Harry can do no wrong.
He melts my heart with just a glance.

Speaking of harrowing experiences.
I had my Pet Scan this past week.
For those who don't know, a pet scan is a full body scan to look for cancer cells that may be lurking.
I am 2 1/2 years post-radiation to treat a cancer on my tongue.
I had to be injected with a very low does of radioactive isotopes.
After sitting still and quiet for an hour, a ten-minute scan of my whole body ensues.
This test is scary.
I failed miserly in my attempt to not be afraid of what the test would reveal.
I am ashamed of how scared I was when I finally got to the doctor's office. 

Of course, there was a snafu!
Doctor enters office and asks how I am.
I say "I am good" which was a bald-faced lie.
I was not okay...I was scared to death.
Quickly the doctor said,
"Your test results were all good."
"Congratulations."
I shot sky-high, got a huge smile on my face, and said a heart-felt thank you to my God.

Then the doctor said, 
"Oh no!"
I'm reading last year's test.

My insides dropped.
I had been falsely informed.
Of course, I thought the worst...
Bad news coming now.
But...

Ya'll, my test results for THIS YEAR were perfect.
No cancer in my body.
I am so thankful!
But, those were some harrowing moments.
I went from way up to way down in a few seconds.

I will keep working on not being afraid because God says in His word to be
"Anxious for nothing."
I failed miserably, but He has forgiven me.
Thanking Him today for His amazing grace.
I don't deserve it, 
but He gives freely from His vast storehouse of love and mercy.
Thank you for Jesus who died on the cross for our sins.





No comments: