Monday, August 24, 2020

what's on your bedside table?


It's Monday.
The air outside is heavy as lead.
We are getting some of that tropical moisture from over there in the Gulf of Mexico.
The storms are named Marco and Laura.
Lots of thunder and dark, heavy clouds here kicking up a fuss.
I love storms like this!!

It is Monday Work Day for me.
Every Monday I set about to clean my house.
I wash my clothes and my bedsheets and vacuum and dust.
I clean the bathrooms and the kitchen.
I make everything shine!

I always look forward to climbing into bed on Monday night.
Easing into those crisp, clean, white linens is a delight.
There is not much better than that.!

So, what's on your bedside table?
I have a lovely white lamp with a warm lightbulb that makes the area glow softly.
My baby picture...Bubba's baby picture is on his side.
A picture of us...He has my back!
A china plate handpainted with pink dogwoods given to me by my Aunt Althea, my Mom's sister.
A recently acquired sign reminding me to be HAPPY.
(Sometimes I feel sad and need to be reminded.)
The book that I'm reading is Safely Home by Randy Alcorn.
(I'm still reading about Heaven.)
Can't get enough!
A Flashlight.
I rounded up 17 of them after Bubba left me.
I never cared about flashlights before.
But now I just might need it.
And...
My defense mechanism is a can of wasp spray.
The spray goes out for 20 feet and temporarily blinds the intruder.
Not that I could actually hit the intruder with the wasp spray,
but having it makes me feel a little safer.

I am not afraid to be here alone. 
Every night just before I turn out that beautiful light, 
I say a prayer and ask God to watch over me.
 I know He will and I go right to sleep.

"He who keeps you will not slumber."
Psalm 121:3


 

No comments: