Wednesday, August 25, 2021

and now i wait


After a week of not looking, 
I stopped by my house this afternoon.
I found it quiet.
Not a soul was anywhere in sight.
It had been swept clean.


All of the electrical work is neatly in place.
Heat and air conditioning ducts are snaking all through the rafters.

Then I remembered.
I got an e-mail from the builders a few weeks ago.
"There will be another series of building permits needed before the work can continue."
So, the house is in limbo...
waiting to be inspected and found in order.
Who knows how long that will take.
In the meantime, it will sit quietly,
 waiting for the government to give it the nod.
Patience, Cathy!


On the bright side,
I found that the bench in my shower had been framed up.
It's the little things like this that make me so excited.


This is upstairs.
Maybe another attic?
The house has all kinds of nooks and crannies.

My tooth
🦷
After a week of excruciating pain,
 I went back to the dentist this morning.
Come to find out, the tooth that was extracted last week developed a dry socket.
I had to be numbed up again and that socket had to be cleaned out.
It was another round of torture.
I'm out of pain now,
 but I have to take a round of antibiotics.
I'm just thankful that is over.
















 

No comments: