Wednesday, August 18, 2021

front door & a spinning head


I found this front door installed at my new home this morning.
There are multiple layers going on in the picture...
the door itself,
me taking the picture,
and,
the windows in the sunroom at the back of the house.

The workers were busy installing all things electrical.
There were myriads of spools of wiring all over.
Wires were hanging from the ceiling.
Such an amazing array is needed to power a dwelling.
The funniest thing was that there was some really loud Mexican music blaring.
It felt like a party was going on.

🥳

I woke up Sunday morning and I couldn't focus on the clock.
My head was spinning.
I was disoriented.
I quickly got on my back and set my sights on a straight line in front of my bed.

Sunday is my favorite day of the week.
I love to go to church.
Never want to miss...so
I made myself get up,
jumped in the shower, 
and started washing my hair.

That was a mistake.
I barely made it back to the bed before I was in full dizzy mode.
Wet hair and all,
I was down for the count.
Church became a distant dream as I wallowed in misery for a while.

😰

Vertigo.
I had experienced it before.
I recognized the symptoms.
Last time I had to go to the hospital.

This time I was scared.
Alone.
First time since Bubba left me that I'd been sick.
I prayed for mercy.
God heard my prayer.

At some point,
 Amanda texted me some head-turning exercises to do.
The premise is to balance out the inner ear.
They worked.
I started feeling better...
was able to walk to the kitchen and get a bit of food.
I survived!
But I missed church.
🌀
Caught up in a whirlwind!








 

No comments: