Friday, March 4, 2022

bashful girl


She has taken her rightful place in front of my new home.
Bashful Girl was given to me many years ago by my Mom and Dad.
She has stood proudly at the entrance of several of my dwelling places.
She has much sentimental value.
When I was a child I was a very bashful little girl. 
In many ways, I am still that girl.

I closed on my house one month ago today.
I stood out in front with my new set of keys in my hand.
I was giddy with the excitement of new beginnings.
I can't believe I've lived here for a month.
Now I start the painting process.



These are cookie-cutter houses in all respects.
You kind of have to make them your own after you move in.
The selection of paint colors was very limited.
Not much to choose from at all.

My all-time favorite color is Sea Salt (6204) by Sherwin Williams.
It is an amazingly soothing color that is wildly popular.
Sometimes it looks baby blue ~ sometimes I see a pale green hue.
Sea Salt is a given for most of my house.
The other colors are choices for other rooms.
I am painting the island blue.
My bedroom will be gray.
The sunroom will be a darker shade of green.
I am still deciding on all but the Sea Salt.
That's a given.
I will let you know what I land on for the other colors.

The painting starts on Monday.
My painter said it will take approximately a week or two.
My excitement level is ratcheting up again.
This is so much fun.


This is the inspiration picture in a Serena and Lily catalog that inspired 
me to start the process of building this house way back in January of 2021.
The same picture appeared to me again in January 2022 as a reminder.
I'm putting the color above in my sunroom.
A bold move, but I think it will be stunning.

So that's me for now.
I'm loving my new house.
It just feels right.






 

No comments: