Tuesday, March 22, 2022

cathy and bubba forever


Death is part of life.
Everyone who is born into this world is destined to die.
Death is awful for those left behind.
You move on but you can't stop looking back.
You remember tiny little details of a trip you took together.
You wake up suddenly in the middle of the night and reach for him.
You hear a song and there you are,
back in the van,
riding through the Rocky Mountains.
It's snowing to beat the band.
You think at that moment you will always be this happy.

I never thought much about death for us before Bubba left me.
It seemed we would keep on being Cathy and Bubba forever.
Now it's just me trying to figure out which screwdriver to use on something I have no idea how to fix.

Yes, if you commit to love each other forever, 
there will be pain for one of you when the other one of you departs.

I'm no longer mired in grief.
I'm living my life.
I'm learning which screwdriver to use.
But,
It's not easy,
and I sure would love it if you would walk through my new front door
Henry Cleland aka Bubba.
💙




 

No comments: