Monday, April 11, 2022

a very special day


52 years ago, at 4:00 in the afternoon, Bubba and I tied the knot.
We promised before God and friends and family
to commit our lives to each other until death parted us.
April 11 will always be a very special day...
Our wedding day.
I can tell from the beautiful spring weather outside that this was our season.
💞
I'm remembering you today, Bubba.
We almost made it 50 years.
We stayed the course, we finished our marriage well.
Thank you, God, for putting this man in my life.
You brought us together,
You kept us together,
You blessed us in so many ways.


A very special visit
Today Grace and Ivan came to see me.
I consider this trip to be an answer to prayer and a miracle.
They live in California.
More than 5 years ago they were coming to Savannah for Thanksgiving.
They never made it.
Grace had a terrible accident.
She was hit by a car and suffered a traumatic brain injury.
They hadn't even been married for a year.
The struggle has been real for her and Ivan.
To see her walk in my front door this morning was a gift.
God has done a mighty work of healing.
She has come so far.
She radiates the Love of God along with Ivan.
They are a testimony to the Lord.

Today is a beautiful day of thanksgiving and remembrance.





 

No comments: