Saturday, April 30, 2022

my house one year ago


This was the beginning of my house one year ago.
May 1, 2021.
Archie, Daisy, Walt, and Ruthie are pictured.
I remember my utter joy to ride up and see that dirt plot inside the wooden markers 
for what would one day be my home.
A lot has happened since that day.

Yesterday Walt turned seven.
I still cannot share recent pictures.
I'm still waiting on help from my computer guy.
I will have a lot to share when the issues got repaired.

This morning I rode over to Bluffton, South Carolina, to pick up my vacumes.
That's a long story in itself that I won't get into.
I was scared to death and dreading the trip,
but I made it there and back home safely.
Some of the fears of losing Bubba have not gone away.
Driving is one of them.
The thing is,
I want to keep being independent,
 so I have to push myself to go out of my comfort zone.

Yesterday marked 2 years and 2 months since he left me.
Sometimes I still can't wrap my head around my loss.
Widowhood is not for the fainthearted.
There is still a deep longing in my soul for him to put the garage door up and walk into the house.
I want to be planning a trip with him.
I want him to make me his delicious crab stew.
I need his wisdom.
I want the comfort of knowing that he is nearby watching out for me.
I miss him so much.
 It still hurts.

💙

No comments: